Friday, June 11, 2010

An Appointed Time To Die

During my mother's last days the Lord comforted me with Ecclesiastes 3: To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. A time to be born, and a time to die... ( Ec 3:1-2). The word season can be viewed as an appointed occasion. God has an appointed time, an occasion, for each one of us to die.
Four days before she died, my mother lay in her hospital bed with her sitter, my husband and me in the room. She spontaneously started praying: "Father, forgive me of my sins. Thine be the kingdom and the power and the glory." She was clearly not talking to us or for our benefit.
Believing the Gospel, that Jesus is Savior and God and the means to salvation, is not equivalent to being saved. Even the devils believe the facts about salvation (Jm 2:19). The Lord in His mercy let me see my mother's humble request for forgiveness, which He will not deny (See Matthew 7:7-11).



No comments:

Post a Comment