Tuesday, August 18, 2009

From Romans 1--Dangers of Self-deception

Jesus is proved to be the Son of God by His Resurrection (Ro 1:4). By God's grace He calls out (separates unto Himself) a people to be His saints, or "Holy Ones" (Ro1:5-7).

Those that are saved (from God's wrath and from their own state of sinfulness) are saved through the power of God, the same power that raised Christ from the dead (Ep 1:19-20).

However, those that spurn God and His Word are subject to God's wrath. They do not realize their predicament. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" (Ro 1:22). They are self-deceived!

A person can be a church-goer and well respected in the community and think himself to be right with God. But Jesus says, "My sheep hear my voice and ... they follow me." So the question is, "Do I really hear Jesus speaking directly and personally to me and then do I obey what He says?"

Self-deception is dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment