Saturday, August 8, 2009

This Book of the Law

Joshua 1:8 has long been a favorite of mine: This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Psalm 1: 1-3 is similar: Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

When I find delight in the Word of God, I meditate on it, and when I meditate on it, I find delight in it. When I pray to the Lord and ask for a word of encouragement--a rhema (Greek)--He speaks to me through His Word. He might say to me as He said to Joshua in Jos 1:5 "...I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." Or in Jos 1:9 "...Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

What a comfort and encouragement God's Word is!

No comments:

Post a Comment